Songas respects and protects the health of the natural environment through responsible environmental stewardship.
We apply leading environmental management practices that prevent, minimise and otherwise mitigate or remediate any negative impacts our operations may have. We also strive to maximise any positive impacts where possible.
We aim to achieve this through:
- Visible environmental leadership and commitment
- Proactive and continual identification of environmental impacts and risks
- Preventing and minimising impact and degradation of natural habitats, biodiversity, priority ecosystem services and landscape functions
- Preventing and minimising waste and the release of pollutants to air, water and land
- Improving the efficiency with which we use materials, energy, water and natural resources
- Preparing for environmental emergencies and crisis scenarios and proactively reporting and learning from incidents
- Putting key performance indicators in place
- The establishment of stakeholder partnerships